Thursday, August 10, 2017

Fondest Grievance


My regurgitated life, follows me in protection with the push and pull of our grind.

Can I regurgitate you? Will you be my boo? Can I ingest your insides only to vomit them later out in spite?

I guess not as we left each other, off to find the birthing relationship of another. Looking for the safety and security of an illusion that mirrors a desert water mirage.

As our chaotic union dreams, while falling off at the seams, I miss our best dressed Sunday presenting heaven sent beauty.

I look for you amidst our tragedy, grinding inside, praying that you still think of me (fondly). Although I suppose these days have passed as moments propel us further into our individual destiny.

It breaks my heart thinking that your sadness is abandoning me, as you claw yourself into a new future that holds no place for my memory.

I realize different choices could have chosen a new adventure, but we seemed to prefer suffering together. The out that I envisioned was nothing more than another empty scale.

More than most I fight with reality, praying for alternate endings that will never be. Making myself sick over false destiny and your ignorant anti-rationality.

You are my fondest grievance.

No comments:

Post a Comment