Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Cherished Darling


I salt the gristly piece and position it like an airplane. The eyes follow my delivery, while ultimately making the choice. As I watch in trepidation, the assured gaze stands to embrace me, there is dwelling here.

The irrational alloy flows through the communal air, the flight making my arm weak. A firm grip directs the place, and landing resides inside the belly. The nutrients giving their massage, pleasing you from the inside.

Uneasiness blankets my thoughts in awe, for I find difficulty in completing this for myself. Mouth wide open, the plane takes flight again. Chewy tendrils of precious grit the teeth, immersed in saliva, they disperse and make passage to the belly.

The belly swells with meals of ordinary and celebrated moments, organic passages of a lifetime. Medleys of tangible and intangible desserts, but none which are unappealing.

While fullness is inconsequential, we must rest. The spoon finds sanction on our table as we walk hand in hand to our bed. As we lie, our vulnerabilities take preference and I sustain to grow. From spoon to spoon, all is sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment